This year we are returning to Penryn campus for our popular Bee Health Day at the kind invitation of Professor Juliet Osborne. The event was last held there in 2015 and was a great success.
The event is organised by CBKA, WCBKA, APHA and also sponsored by BDI. Presentations and workshops will be delivered by Bee Inspectors. Practical sessions will take place at either the campus apiary or an apiary close by. In order to help cover costs, we are making a small nominal charge of £5 per person. To reserve a place please e-mail Mike White on email@example.com if you are a member of CBKA.
If at all possible please BACS your payment to CBKA Account No: 00007630 sort code: 40-52-40 with the reference “Bee Health Day”.
If you are unable to BACS, please send a cheque payable to CBKA to Vanessa Tyler, Treasurer CBKA, Cleveland, Hallworthy, Nr Camelford, Cornwall PL32 9SH and enclose a note referring to “Bee Health Day”
An outline programme for the Bee Health Day is:
0930-1015: Introduction to Bee Disease and its recognition
1015-1615: Workshop Groups covering:
- Varroa Biology, IPM and approved Veterinary Medicines
- Asian Hornet (including AHATS and also an update session on radio tracking)
- Diseased comb recognition and use of lateral flow devices
- Practical apiary disease inspection including checks for Foulbrood and Exotic Pests
- Complimentary tea and coffee at the mid morning and lunch time breaks
1615-1630: Round up and feedback
1. Please bring your own lunch (the lounge area is very comfortable)
2. Please remember to bring your freshly laundered bee suits, clean wellies boots/gloves, to be worn for the practical apiary disease inspection session.
3. Please be prepared to car share to the nearby apiary if we are not able to use the campus apiary.