Learn how to identify and prevent diseases and pests, through presentations, workshops and a practical apiary session
When: Saturday 16th June 2018
Where: Lostwithiel Community Centre, Pleber Christ Way, Lostwithiel, Cornwall PL22 0HE
The event is organised by the CBKA, the WCBKA, APHA and also sponsored by BDI. Presentations and workshops will be delivered by Bee Inspectors. Practical sessions will take place at the delightful Bodmin group apiary nearby.
To reserve a place please e-mail either:
Mike White on email@example.com – if you are a member of CBKA or:
Kate Bowyer on firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a member of WCBKA
In order to help cover costs of hall hire, we are making a small nominal charge of £5 per person this year. Total number of places is restricted to 60 members in order to maximise the benefits of the day and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. To pay: if possible please BACS your payment to CBKA sort code: 40-52-40…Acco. No: 00007630 and mark reference “Bee Health Day”. Alternatively please send a cheque to Mr L Buckley, 19 Grove Park Court, Liskeard, PL14 4EZ and enclose a note referring to “Bee Health Day”.
An outline programme for the Bee Health Day is:
0900-0930: Registration (complimentary tea and coffee available on arrival)
0930-1030: Talk on Apiary Hygiene and Disease control
1030-1600: Workshop Groups covering:
- Varroa Biology, IPM and approved Veterinary Medicines
- Small Hive Beetle and Asian Hornet
- Diseased comb recognition and use of lateral flow devices
- Practical apiary disease inspection including checks for Foulbrood and Exotic Pests
1600-1630: Question and answer session
1. The newly refurbished cafe will be open for the purchase of further drinks and snacks during the day and also a choice of lunches including pasties.
2. Please remember to bring your (clean) bee suits and wellies/boots, to be worn for the practical apiary disease inspection session.
3. Please be prepared to car share to the apiary which is only a mile or so away from the town.