General Data Protection Rules (GDPR) Effective from 1st January 2019
All members may be aware by now that the procedures for renewals and membership are currently evolving. Over January & February 2019 the CBKA migrated all its’ membership records over to a new database which is accessible by both the BBKA, for sending out BBKA Magazines and maintaining Swarm Lists on their website, and BDI insurers, for the purposes of issuing members’ BDI insurance. This database is maintained by the CBKA membership secretary on behalf of CBKA groups who are able to access their own members’ records only.
Centrally the system is currently being used to issue membership receipts and to enable the CBKA to:
• have ‘live’ information on CBKA and Group membership types and numbers
• to streamline financial transactions and receipts for memberships
• to manage gift aid returns
• to relieve the workload of group secretaries by mailing members from CBKA direct
• to send out the CBKA Gwenyn Kernow magazine direct to your mailbox
• to record Swarm Collectors for export to BBKA database/website
• to record BBKA exam success
• to plan training
In the future, hopefully by the end of 2019, you will be able to renew your membership online which will take a huge amount of manual processing out of the Membership Secretary role.
Your respects re: sharing of your personal details between other CBKA members has been carried forward from your 2019 membership application form.
You may opt out/unsubscribe from mailings, however this severely restricts our ability to communicate with you and relies upon you keeping up to date via your local group or via the website.
If you have any questions regarding what data we hold for you (currently your data from your application form) and the purposes for which we keep it please email me on email@example.com
Treasurer & Membership Secretary